Saturday, September 5, 2009

i feel so generic

I don't know why I created this...blog...thing. I guess it was an impulse thing and I'm reeally bored. I'm not even sure I know what a blog is... I have always made the assumption it was a forum, or a thread type-thing where people had online book reviews and talked about video games and travel and such... Then I read a graphic novel and people had online journals and they were calling them blogs...so now I have one. Woo hoo. I guess half the reason I created it is because I don't expect anyone to look at it, but it gives me something to do besides bending over a canvas plastered in cadmium cancer goo...

I'm miffed. I want to go to a concert. Badly. I'm kind of promiscuous when it comes to musical events, I suppose. If there's a band I like or a collaborative music fest that involves genres I approve of, I will go to one. Unfortunately, I live so far away from any interesting music scene that getting to a $20 concert costs be an additional $70 for transit. ANYWAY I've looked at a few bands I'd love to see live; Muse, Mindless Self Indulgence, Modest Mouse, and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, and all of them, ALL OF THEM are either not touring, or they're touring half of Europe and the United States, and SKIPPING OVER CALIFORNIA COMPLETELY!!!!! *Rages* It's just not fair. Muse, of all bands, is playing in Arlington then Houston Texas, and, instead of dropping by in Cali, they're going straight to Finland. Fuckers.

Oh well. There are plenty of local (early) Halloween celebrations (raves, jams, blahblahblah...) going on for a while to keep me busy until Reel Big Fish comes to Santa Cruz. I'm gonna end up wasting all my money on that show.

1 comment:

  1. The bear might see you there.

    I wish I could, but it's not worth the -$ it would cost me.

    ReplyDelete